Friday, July 1, 2016

History of my railfanning

It all happened on a hot summer day on July 16,2001 when I started to put the radio outside the car with a cassette tape and waited for a train to pass by. I didn't have the video camera back then. My first time was along the BNSF's Ravenna subdivision at the Webb road crossing in Grand Island,ne in the afternoon. My first time was in Odessa along the Union Pacific's Kearney Subdivision. My excuse for this is, just to make sounds of trains. But there's no way to make money from a outdated project like that. Back then, I was just thinking about making money by using a video camera. That is what happened on October 20, 2001 to videotaping trains. I started to videotaping trains instead of putting the radio outside the car. I made a decision to use the video camera instead of a radio and a cassette tape. I put the video camera on the Top of the car. I was learning how to run the video back then. On May 2002, I bought my first video camera at Sears to do what I do best is video tape trains. I didn't have the technology to put it on the computer.

My camcorder history:
Sony hi8 camcorder.     2002-present
Panasonic mini dv.        2006-2013
JVC HD everio HE.          2013-2016
Canon vixia HF-R700.    2016-present

My digital camera history
Samsung's digimax 240. 2003-2011
AKAI DC7370.                   2007-2011
Canon PowerShot.          2016-


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for viewing my blog.

Brad B